|U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services reminds the public that we offer immigration services that may help people affected by unforeseen circumstances, including the shooting in Uvalde, Texas.|
The following measures may be available on a case-by-case basis upon request:·
– Changing a nonimmigrant status or extending a nonimmigrant stay for an individual currently in the United States. If you fail to apply for the extension or change before expiration of your authorized period of admission, we may excuse that if the delay was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond your control;·
– Re-parole of individuals previously granted parole by USCIS;·
– Expedited processing of advance parole requests;·
– Expedited adjudication of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship;·
– Expedited adjudication of petitions or applications, including employment authorization applications, when appropriate;· Consideration of fee waiver requests due to an inability to pay;·
– Flexibility for those who received a Request for Evidence or a Notice of Intent to Deny but were unable to submit evidence or otherwise respond in a timely manner;·
– Flexibility if you were unable to appear for a scheduled interview with USCIS;·
– Expedited replacement of lost or damaged immigration or travel documents issued by USCIS, such as a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), Employment Authorization Document, or Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record; and·
– Rescheduling a biometric services appointment.
Note: When you request help, please explain how the impact of the extreme situations or unforeseen circumstances, such as the tragic shooting in Uvalde, Texas, created a need for the requested relief.
This article is provided as an educational service and is not legal advice. Consult with an attorney for your specific circumstances. For a comprehensive evaluation of your immigration situation and options, you are invited to call us at 214-494-8033, text us using our chat box, or complete our contact form.